We are pleased to announce that the 12th International Whitehead Conference, under the topic “Process as Creativity–Process as Concern,” will take place between August 27-30, 2019. The conference will take place at the University of Brasília, Brazil.
You are cordially invited to attend this conference and submit your abstracts for presentations in any on the following sections:
- Whitehead, speculation and contemporary metaphysics
- Whitehead, aesthetics and the philosophy of creativity
- Whitehead and modern philosophy
- Whitehead, ecology, economy and ethics
- Whitehead, mathematics and logic
- Whitehead and analytic process thought
- Whitehead and continental philosophy
- Whitehead and Eastern philosophies
- Process thought and African philosophy
- Amerindian animism and process thought
- Process philosophy in Latin American
- Whitehead and theology
- Whitehead and natural sciences
Abstracts (400 words and a short bio of at most 200 words) should be sent to head of the desired section by April 1, 2019. More details on each section can be found at www.whitehead2019.org. Presentations should be no longer than 30 minutes including discussion; sections may overlap and participants should specify which section or sections they would like their paper to be included in. Conference languages are English and Portuguese. Portuguese-speaking presenters should provide a full translation of their texts at least 30 days in advance of giving their papers. We may accept more than one presentation from senior scholars.
Find information on the Young Scholars Award here.